Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Last Nights Debate....Are You Lost?

Was it just me or did you feel that the debate between McCain and Obama went no where? The most I really got out of the whole thing is that they both recognize that our country is in dire need of change. I felt they both kept repeating the same thing over and over. I really wanted to hear more on how they plan to change our current situation. I work for a financial institution which allows me to see how others are viewing our financial situation in this country. We need change and quick. The ones that I really feel sorry for in this financial crisis is the retirees, the ones that are close to retirement and low income families. If you are planning on retiring in the next couple of years I don't see how that is possible. Most people have lost so much in their retirement funds that they can't sell any stock or cash out without losing substantial amounts of their portfolio. I do know of a couple retirees that have actually taken the loss and put their money in CD's. I really can't say that I blame them. We are in uncertain times and people are panicking. I am just praying that we are at the bottom and things don't get worse. We need someone in office that is going help our country restore our financial situation. However, I really can't say that I am confident in either of these two candidates. So who is the best solution??????

No comments: